Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Slowing Down in a Museum

I have not visited a museum or art gallery recently.  However, when I go to baseball games or even to children's museums, I am usually chasing kids around and do not have time to see what is right in front of me.

The picture at the beginning of the article really is worth a thousand words.  There is a mass of people snapping pictures instead of enjoying and embracing the work of art right in front of them.  It seems that, today, when people go to museums or landmarks, they need to take a plethora of pictures to prove they were there.


http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/12/travel/the-art-of-slowing-down-in-a-museum.html?_r=0

As I go to different museums in Paris, I will make an extra effort to connect with the art, instead of just snapping a picture.  I know my family will want to see pictures of my travels, but my main focus will be on the actual art and the experience.  In addition, I want to spend time observing the less popular pieces, as opposed to pieces like the Mona Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment