Sunday, May 17, 2015

Bonjour!

Bonjour! My name is Kylie; I am a junior at Kennesaw State University, majoring in Psychology and minoring in Criminology.

I am so thrilled to have the opportunity to study abroad in Paris this summer! I have always wanted to study abroad, and my parents strongly encouraged me to pursue this dream. I chose Paris because I wanted to fully immerse myself into a new culture, while still being able to have some comforts of home (like my phone!).

I am most excited about some of the places I will be visiting, like Disneyland Paris and the Harry Potter traveling exhibition. Experiencing these things from a different cultural perspective will be a once in a lifetime experience. I am also looking forward to staying in French dorms, eating French food, and using the French transportation. Essentially, living in a completely different way than I am used to. However, I also have some reservations. I am extremely close with my family, and I know that I am going to struggle with being homesick. Additionally, the language barrier will be a hurdle that I will have to face the entire time I am in Paris, but hopefully I can learn and practice enough to facilitate communication. Finally, I am so concerned about pickpocketing! JB did calm some of my fears regarding pickpocketing, but it is still a reality that will, no doubt, grace our program.

Until next time! Au revoir!

No comments:

Post a Comment